You're currently on:
What is QuNexus?
QuNexus is the next generation of portable keyboards. The most playable, portable and powerful MIDI keyboard controller on the market. 25 pressure-sensitive silicone keys and LED illumination make QuNexus uniquely interactive and fun to play.
QuNexus Feels You
QuNexus' Smart Sensor keys detect finger pressure, tilt and velocity. Each key sends out a unique CC# as well as Polyphonic Aftertouch, and Channel Rotation allows for polyphonic pitch bends. Imagine pitch bend and modulation in every key.
USB. MIDI. CV. OSC.
QuNexus fits perfectly in the center of your studio; a hub that integrates every synth protocol. Route controls for vintage CV analog gear, external MIDI hardware and audio production software.
Plug and Play
QuNexus is class compliant and works natively with any system that supports MIDI. Mac OS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android* with no software drivers required. You can also take control of analog gear via Control Voltage (CV) or 5-pin MIDI**.
*Android does not natively support MIDI, but a driver is available for download
**KMI MIDI Expander is required to control 5-pin MIDI hardware
Rugged on the Road
The QuNexus keys and buttons are made from a durable silicone composite, so don’t worry about the keys or buttons breaking when you throw QuNexus into your backpack or laptop bag.
"I'm having a great time playing QuNexus! KMI is making products that push the boundaries."
- Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater)
QuNexus Technical Specifications
- 1 QuNexus controller
- 1 USB cable (USB 2.0 A to Micro-B, 1 m)
- Width: 12.8” / 325 mm
- Depth: 3.3” / 84 mm
- Height: 0.43” / 11 mm
- 1.18" x 0.51" / 30 mm x 13 mm
- 0.76 lb / 345 g
- QuNexus is bus-powered via the USB port when connected to a computer or tablet. When using QuNexus without a computer, power can be supplied with a USB power supply or a KMI MIDI Expander.
- USB micro jack
- 3.5 mm Pedal Input / Control Voltage (CV) 1-2 Input. This port can accept 2 CV input signals with a 3.5 mm TRRS plug.
- 3.5 mm Gate - Control Voltage (CV) 1 Output (16-bit). This port can output Gate and CV signals with a 3.5 mm TRS plug.
- 3.5 mm Control Voltage (CV) 2-3 Output (16-bit). This port can output 2 CV signals with a 3.5 mm TRS plug.
- KMI MIDI Expander jack
- 25 Key pads with velocity, pressure, and tilt sensitivity
- 2 octave switching buttons*
- 1 pitch bend pad
- 5 mode buttons
*QuNexus defaults to a note range of 48 (C2) to 72 (C4). The octave buttons allow you to shift up another 3 octaves or shift down 2 octaves for a total range of 7 octaves (C0-C7).
- 32 LEDs with 16 levels of brightness
Control Voltage Specs
- All CV outs are 0V - 5.2V
- CV ins are 0V - 5.0V
- 1V/Oct, 1.2V/Oct, Hz/V
QuNexus Editor System Requirements
- Mac OS 10.5 or later
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.3 GHz or greater
- 50 MB free hard disk space
- Windows XP or Windows 7
- Intel Core 2 processor or greater
- 1GB of RAM with 50 MB free hard disk space